Deciding on a major is likely on the minds of all incoming students. Learning more about major options and career paths early in the process can help you to confidently choose an academic major that’s best for you. In the Major & Career Exploration Center in the Office of Career Services, we offer a variety of resources for connecting you to majors and career paths, taking steps to achieving your career goals and accessing job search & preparation tools to get you there. Below are a few resources to help incoming students gather information about major options and potential career paths:
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Majors & Minors by Department
- Majors & Minors by Interest
- Detailed Descriptions about the World of Work
- Career Growth and Outlook
- Videos About Careers
- Interest Profiler by My Next Move
- Interest, Skills & Values Assessment by careeronestop
- Skills Matcher by careeronestop
Already Accepted and Have a ULID?
Here are additional resources available to already accepted UL Lafayette students. (Note: Example of your ULID: C00123456)
- Career Decision Making Process
- Four-Year Career Plan
- Career Readiness Competencies
- Job Search and Preparation
- Handshake - This online service connects students, alumni and employers to online job postings, employer information, interview schedules, Career Services event registration, etc. Incoming students will have Handshake accounts created for them once classes begin for their first semester. After this, students can login using their ULink credentials on the Handshake website, or the Handshake Jobs & Careers app.
- FOCUS 2 Career Assessment - This online, self-guided interactive career, major and education planning system assesses your interests, skills, values and personality preferences as it relates to UL Lafayette majors and career paths that fit you best. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.