The Majors Fair encourages students to explore majors, minors and concentrations with University faculty from various departments across campus all in one location.
Don't miss this once a year event!
Majors Fair Objectives:
- Offer an opportunity for students to think critically about majors and minors and to ask questions, learn, and think about a major and/or minor that interests them
- Provide information about academic programs to current UL Lafayette students who are undecided, considering changing majors, or curious about opportunities in the major they have chosen.
- Assist students in choosing a major so they can receive quality advising towards graduation.
- Create a less formal environment for students to talk to University faculty and staff about majors, minors and career paths.
- Provide an opportunity for students to network with University faculty as they learn more about career paths related to specific majors and Career Services resources.
What should I expect the day of the Majors Fair?
- Lots of student questions
- Curious students who are still in the discovery and exploratory phase of their career development
- Eager students who are interested in learning more about what your programs can offer
What is my department expected to provide the day of the Majors Fair?
- Diverse group of faculty members for the duration of the event
- Informational materials, such as curriculum sheets, etc.
- College and department research opportunities
- Anything that highlights your majors and departments