Coming February 7, 2018...
What is the Majors Fair?
The Majors Fair is a Spring event where you are able to explore undergraduate majors, minors and concentrations offered at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette by networking with faculty, staff and Career Services all in one location. Also, visit with representatives who have information about: Study Abroad, Grad School, Internships, and Student Organizations.
Who will be at the Majors Fair?
- Faculty representatives from all eight colleges at UL Lafayette
- Study Abroad
- Graduate School
- Student Engagement and Leadership
- Academic Success Center
- Office of the First Year Experience
- Career Services (representatives for internships & career testing)
Who Should Attend?
- All freshmen
- Students who are undecided on a major
- Students considering changing their major
- Students curious about career opportunities in their chosen major
- Students searching for a minor
- Students interested in exploring UL Lafayette academic departments
How do I prepare for the Majors Fair?
- What questions will you ask college and department representatives?
- What inspires you, what motivates you and what do you like to do?
- What are your strengths and talents?
- What skills do you need to achieve your career goals?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want after college?
- How much education you are willing to pursue?
What should I bring to the day of the fair?
- Questions to ask college and departmental representatives
- Cajun Card: University ID
- Remember to fill out the short survey as you leave the fair to be entered in a PRIZE DRAWING.
What should I do After the Majors Fair?
- Check out What Can I Do With This Major?
- Review the information you received during the Majors Fair
- Continue to learn about those majors that interest you and schedule an appointment with the Major & Career Counselor in the MCEC by calling 337-482-1444 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interests and start working on your career plan.
- Contact Career Services to learn more about how part-time jobs, internships and experiential learning opportunities can help you reach your career goals.