Students often find it helpful to meet individually with a major & career counselor to help them sort through their major and career options. For a variety of reasons, you may want to meet with a career counselor one-on-one to talk about your situation. Unsure what career test to take? Don’t know what to do with your career assessment results? Trouble sorting out conflicting interests or pressures? Need support in the career decision making process?
Major and career counseling in the Major & Career Exploration Center (MCEC) will provide you with the individual attention you deserve. Discovering your passion and identifying your major goals through a major and career counseling meeting will help you find the career direction you have been searching for. We believe that you possess unique interests and wonderful talents, and we are here to help you make the connection to your future major and career.
How we can help:
- Discuss academic and career issues
- Assist you through career transitions and decisions
- Offer career self-assessment consultations to help you understand your skills, abilities, interests, talents, and values profiles
- Develop personal and academic goals
- Explore ways to find balance in your life
- Discover academic enrichment opportunities
- Evaluate career decision making strategies as it as it relates to you and your major and career choice
- Anything you would like to talk about when meeting with us related to your major & career path
Make an appointment
Make a first-time appointment by calling the MCEC in Career Services at 337-482-1444.
Have a quick 5 minute question or want to take a career assessment? Visit the MCEC located in Career Services, Agnes Edwards Hall Room 104, for walk in service.
Hours and Fees
The Major & Career Exploration Center (MCEC) is open Monday through Thursday from 8 am – 5 pm and Fridays from 8 am to noon. The MCEC is a FREE Center for our prospective and currently enrolled students.